- Walk through plantations, duned moorlands and along the sea in beautiful Nationalpark Thy
- Experience the atmosphere of the old fishing community with the old, white fishermen’s houses, that harken back to the time of coastal fishing and provide an authentic experience of the fishing environment by the coast.
- Spend a night in Lyngby and two nights in Stenbjerg. A four-day walk really gives you the opportunity to wind down.
This walk starts and ends at Stenbjerg Landingsplads. On day one you will walk from Stenbjerg to Lyngby via the Redningsvejen. Here you can walk for hours without meeting other people. Deer and roe graze between the dunes, and the crane breeds in wet hollows. This stretch of walking is on the most beautiful in the Thy region.
On day two you will pass through Hvidbjerg Klitplantage, which was established in 1892, mostly on elevated seabed. The plantation mostly consists of pine forest with a mixture of leaf-bearing trees. The dune-plantation was established partly to prevent drifting sand, which drove people from their homes, and partly to provide lumber and firewood.
On the third day of this route you will walk in Stenbjerg Klitplantage in hilly and varied forest landscape which, among other things, will take you to the wetlands of Bislet and Embak Vand. If you need a breather after the first two days of walking, it is also possible to enjoy a day of relaxtion in the summer cottage with a small walk down to the sea.
On day four you will only be a short walk through Stenbjerg back to your parked car.
Special characteristic:Go on a beautiful walk in Nationalpark Thy, where you will experience a feeling of being at the world’s end with dunes and sea as far as the eye can see.
Group size: Walk A: 2-6, walk B: 2-4
Difficulty:Slightly experienced. The surface of this route stretches from the soft soil of the forest to the duned moors with paths of hard sand. The route also includes stretches along the beach in loose sand.
Daily distances:9-10 km (day one), 16-17 km (day two), 10-11 km (day three), 2-3 km (dag four)
Can I bring the dog?No
Included in the price:
- Kort med rutebeskrivelse (app)
- Accommodation in two different holiday cottages
- Ingredients and easy recipes for both dinner, breakfast and lunch are ready upon arrival to the cottages
- Cleaning of both cottages
- Bed linen and towels in both cottages
- Number for support and assistance if something unexpected were to happen
• Not included in the price:
- Beverages (a selection of local beer and soft drinks as well as red- and white wine) can be purchased in the cottages (beer and soft drinks 15 kr., wine from 125 kr.)
- Transport to and from the destination (but we are happy to help you, just give me a call or send an email)
- Transport of luggage (not necessary. The route guides you back to the car on day 3, but do consider only to pack the essentials)