- Se the proud golden eagle and other birds of prey at Vandet Sø
- Follow the winding paths through Bøgsted Rende. This places is a pocket of fresh air and impressions of nature
- See the surfers, who throw themselvs and their surfboards around in the wind and waves of Cold Hawaii, the funky surfers’ paradise of the Danish west coast
This walk starts and ends in Nystrup Plantage. On day one, you will go from here past Vandet Sø towards Klitmøller, which offers and atmosphere of international surfing culture combined with local fishing community and the roaring Vesterhav sea. This is area is today also known as Cold Hawaii.
On day two you will walk across Vangså Klithede, where you will be greeted by vast duned moorlands with small dune-formations. The place is home to a unique animal life, and you might happen to see both cranes and deer. You will also come by Bøgsted Rende, which is the one place along the Thy coastal line where the plantation reaches the furthest out towards the sea. Here you can see the characterisitic ochre coloured stream, which winds from Nationalpark Thy out into the Vesterhavet sea. The last part of this route takes you along the shore and back to Vangså.
On your final day, you will walk through beautiful landscapes at Tvorup and Nystrup Plantage back to your car. On the way, you will pass old burial mounds, that tell of settlements as far back as the Bronze Age.
Special characteristic: The nature of Cold Hawaii
Group size: A-tour: 2-6, B-tour: 2-4
Difficulty: Slightly experienced. The surface of this route stretches from the soft soil of the forest to the duned moors with paths of hard sand. The route also includes stretches along the beach in loose sand.
Distances: 10-11 km (day 1), 17-18 km (day 2), 13-14 km (day 3).
When booking:should you prefer either walk A or walk B, please write this in the “tilføj noter” field.
Included in the price:
• Maps with descriptions of the route (available in the cottages or print at home)
• Accommodation in (two) different holiday cottages along the route
• Ingredients and easy recipes for both dinner, breakfast and lunch are ready upon arrival to the cottages
• Cleaning of both cottages
• Bed linen and towels
• Number for support and assistance if something unexpected were to happen
• Not included in the price:
• Beverages (a selection of local beer and soft drinks as well as red- and white wine) can be purchased in the cottages (beer and soft drinks 15 kr., wine from 125 kr.)
• Transport to and from the destination (but we are happy to help you, just give me a call or send an email)
• Transport of luggage (not necessary. The route guides you back to the car on day 3, but do consider only to pack the essentials)